- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2004 Florida Statutes
Regulations by private companies; rates; contracts.
180.20 Regulations by private companies; rates; contracts.--Whenever any private company or corporation organized for the accomplishment of the purposes of this chapter is granted a privilege or franchise by a municipality, it may prescribe the terms upon which owners and occupants of houses, buildings or lots may obtain the use of the utility constructed and operated by the said private company or corporation, and the rate charged for such use, and also the rate and terms upon which the municipality may use such utility for public purposes; such rates, however, shall be subject to the approval of the city council, or other legislative body of the municipality, by whatever name known; provided, however, that the municipality may contract with the said private company or corporation to pay the said company or corporation a flat or fixed rate for such service and use of the utility and may pay out of the general revenue or any special revenue such rate as agreed.
History.--s. 14, ch. 17118, 1935; CGL 1936 Supp. 3100(19).