- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2004 Florida Statutes
Contracts for construction; bond; publication of notice; bids.
180.24 Contracts for construction; bond; publication of notice; bids.--
(1) Any municipality desiring the accomplishment of any or all of the purposes of this chapter may make contracts for the construction of any of the utilities mentioned in this chapter, or any extension or extensions to any previously constructed utility, which said contracts shall be in writing, and the contractor shall be required to give bond, which said bond shall be executed by a surety company authorized to do business in the state; provided, however, construction contracts in excess of $25,000 shall be advertised by the publication of a notice in a newspaper of general circulation in the county in which said municipality is located at least once each week for 2 consecutive weeks, or by posting three notices in three conspicuous places in said municipality, one of which shall be on the door of the city hall; and that at least 10 days shall elapse between the date of the first publication or posting of such notice and the date of receiving bids and the execution of such contract documents. For municipal construction projects identified in s. 255.0525, the notice provision of that section supersedes and replaces the notice provisions in this section.
(2) All contracts for the purchase, lease, or renting of materials or equipment to be used in the accomplishment of any or all of the purposes of this chapter by the municipality, shall be in writing; provided, however, that where said contract for the purchase, lease, or renting of such materials or equipment is in excess of $10,000, notice or advertisement for bids on the same shall be published in accordance with the provisions of subsection (1).
History.--s. 18, ch. 17118, 1935; CGL 1936 Supp. 3100(23); s. 3, ch. 73-129; s. 19, ch. 90-279; s. 27, ch. 95-196.
Note.--Former s. 255.26.