- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2004 Florida Statutes
Powers of the department.
310.091 Powers of the department.--In addition to all other powers conferred by this chapter, the department shall have the following powers:
(1) To issue a license as a state pilot or a certificate as a deputy pilot to a qualified applicant who passes the examination conducted by the department.
(2) In the course of any investigation, to issue and serve witness subpoenas and subpoenas duces tecum and administer oaths and take testimony.
(3) To require holders of licenses or certificates and applicants for licenses or certificates to submit pertinent information under oath necessary to determine their qualifications or to enforce the provisions of this chapter.
(4) When any violation of this chapter or rule promulgated thereunder has occurred or is threatened by any person, to institute proceedings in the appropriate courts in this state to restrain and enjoin such actions.
(5) To require an applicant for vacancy, a licensed state pilot, or a certificated deputy pilot to submit proof of his or her mental or physical capability to serve, or to continue to serve, as a pilot or deputy pilot.
History.--s. 2, ch. 75-201; s. 3, ch. 76-168; s. 1, ch. 77-457; ss. 9, 16, ch. 78-140; s. 2, ch. 81-318; ss. 2, 3, ch. 84-185; ss. 10, 11, ch. 86-280; s. 2, ch. 89-262; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 282, ch. 95-148.