2004 Florida Statutes
Judicial Qualifications Commission.
(1) PURPOSE.--The purpose of this section is to implement s. 12(b), Art. V of the State Constitution which provides for a Judicial Qualifications Commission.
(2) MEMBERSHIP; TERMS.--The commission shall consist of 13 members. The members of the commission shall serve for terms of 6 years.
(3) VACANCIES.--An appointment to fill a vacancy shall be for the remainder of the term.
(4) SELECTION OF MEMBERS BY DISTRICT COURTS OF APPEAL JUDGES, CIRCUIT COURT JUDGES, COUNTY COURT JUDGES AND BOARD OF GOVERNORS OF THE FLORIDA BAR.--The members appointed by the judges of the district courts of appeal, the circuit judges, the county court judges, and the Board of Governors of The Florida Bar shall be selected by not less than a majority of the membership of the respective appointing groups.
(5) EXPENSES.--The compensation of members and referees shall be the travel expense or transportation and per diem allowance provided by s. 112.061
History.--ss. 1, 2, 3, 4, ch. 67-163; s. 1, ch. 73-306; s. 34, ch. 81-259.