- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2010 Florida Statutes
Itemized patient billing.
Itemized patient billing.—
Whenever a physician licensed under this chapter renders professional services to a patient, the physician is required, upon request, to submit to the patient, the patient’s insurer, or the administrative agency for any federal or state health program under which the patient is entitled to benefits an itemized statement of the specific services rendered and the charge for each, no later than the physician’s next regular billing cycle which follows the fifth day after the rendering of professional services. A physician may not condition the furnishing of an itemized statement upon prior payment of the bill.
s. 3, ch. 79-198; s. 2, ch. 81-318; ss. 25, 26, ch. 86-245; s. 4, ch. 91-429.