- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2010 Florida Statutes
Condition of probation or community control; public service.
Condition of probation or community control; public service.—
Any person who is convicted of a felony or misdemeanor and who is placed on probation or into community control may be required as a condition of supervision to perform some type of public service for a tax-supported or tax-exempt entity, with the consent of such entity. Such public service shall be performed at a time other than during such person’s regular hours of employment.
Upon the request of the chief judge of the circuit, the Department of Corrections shall establish a public service program for a county, which program may include, but shall not be limited to, any of the following types of public service:
Maintenance work on any property or building owned or leased by any state, county, or municipality or any nonprofit organization or agency.
Maintenance work on any state-owned, county-owned, or municipally owned road or highway.
Landscaping or maintenance work in any state, county, or municipal park or recreation area.
Work in any state, county, or municipal hospital or any developmental services institution or other nonprofit organization or agency.
s. 1, ch. 76-70; s. 17, ch. 83-131; s. 77, ch. 87-226; s. 30, ch. 89-308.