- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2011 Florida Statutes
751.011 Definitions.—As used in this chapter, the term:
(1) “Concurrent custody” means that an eligible extended family member is awarded custodial rights to care for a child concurrently with the child’s parent or parents.
(2) “Extended family member” means a person who is:
(a) A relative of a minor child within the third degree by blood or marriage to the parent; or
(b) The stepparent of a minor child if the stepparent is currently married to the parent of the child and is not a party in a pending dissolution, separate maintenance, domestic violence, or other civil or criminal proceeding in any court of competent jurisdiction involving one or both of the child’s parents as an adverse party.
History.—s. 2, ch. 93-104; s. 4, ch. 96-305; s. 2, ch. 2006-167; s. 3, ch. 2010-30.