As used in this part, the term:
(1) “Agency of the state” means the state and any department of, or corporation, agency, or instrumentality heretofore or hereafter created, designated, or established by, the state.
(2) “Authority” means the body politic and corporate and agency of the state created by this part.
(3) “Bonds” means the notes, bonds, refunding bonds, or other evidences of indebtedness or obligations, in either temporary or definitive form, which the authority is authorized to issue pursuant to this part.
(4) “Department” means the Department of Transportation existing under chapters 334-339.
(5) “Federal agency” means the United States, the President of the United States, and any department of, or corporation, agency, or instrumentality heretofore or hereafter created, designated, or established by, the United States.
(6) “Limited access expressway” or “expressway” means a street or highway especially designed for through traffic and over, from, or to which a person does not have the right of easement, use, or access except in accordance with the rules adopted and established by the authority for the use of such facility. Such highway or street may be a parkway, from which trucks, buses, and other commercial vehicles are excluded, or it may be a freeway open to use by all customary forms of street and highway traffic.
(7) “Members” means the governing body of the authority, and the term “member” means one of the individuals constituting such governing body.
(8) “State Board of Administration” means the body corporate existing under the provisions of s. 9, Art. XII of the State Constitution, or any successor thereto.
(9) “U.S. 98 corridor” means U.S. Highway 98 and any feeder roads, reliever roads, connector roads, bridges, and other transportation appurtenances, existing or constructed in the future, that support U.S. Highway 98 in Escambia, Santa Rosa, Okaloosa, Walton, Bay, Gulf, Franklin, and Wakulla Counties.
(10) “U.S. 98 corridor system” means any and all expressways and appurtenant facilities, including, but not limited to, all approaches, roads, bridges, and avenues of access for the expressways that are either built by the authority or whose ownership is transferred to the authority by other governmental or private entities.
Terms importing singular number include the plural number in each case and vice versa, and terms importing persons include firms and corporations.