2016 Florida Statutes
607.608 Benefit director.—
(1) If the articles of incorporation so provide, the board of directors of a benefit corporation may include a director who is designated as the benefit director and, in addition to the powers, duties, rights, and immunities of the other directors of the benefit corporation, has the powers, duties, rights, and immunities provided in this part.
(2) The benefit director shall be elected, and may be removed, in the manner provided by this chapter. Except as provided under subsection (5), the benefit director shall be independent and may serve as a benefit officer. The articles of incorporation or bylaws may prescribe additional qualifications of the benefit director.
(3) Unless the articles of incorporation or bylaws provide otherwise, the benefit director shall prepare, and the benefit corporation shall include in the annual benefit report to shareholders required under s. 607.612, the opinion of the benefit director on the following:
(a) Whether the benefit corporation in all material respects acted in accordance with its general public benefit purpose and any specific public benefit purpose during the period covered by the report.
(4) The action or inaction of an individual in his or her capacity as a benefit director shall constitute for all purposes an action or inaction of that individual in his or her capacity as a director of the benefit corporation.
(5) The benefit director of a corporation formed under chapter 621 is not required to be independent.
History.—s. 28, ch. 2014-209.