2017 Florida Statutes
550.902 Purposes.—The purposes of this compact are to:
(1) Establish uniform requirements among the party states for the licensing of participants with pari-mutuel wagering, and ensure that all licensed participants meet a uniform minimum standard of honesty and integrity.
(2) Facilitate the growth of the pari-mutuel wagering industry in each party state and nationwide by simplifying the process for licensing participants in pari-mutuel wagering, and reduce the duplicative and costly process of separate licensing by the regulatory agency in each state that conducts pari-mutuel wagering.
(3) Authorize the Department of Business and Professional Regulation to participate in this compact.
(4) Provide for participation in this compact by officials of the party states, and permit those officials, through the compact committee established by this compact, to enter into contracts with governmental agencies and nongovernmental persons to carry out the purposes of this compact.
(5) Establish the compact committee created by this compact as an interstate governmental entity duly authorized to request and receive criminal history record information from the Federal Bureau of Investigation and other state and local law enforcement agencies.
History.—s. 32, ch. 2000-354.