- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2019 Florida Statutes
509.409 Writ; inventory.—When the officer seizes distrainable property, either under s. 509.407 or s. 509.408, and such property is seized on the premises of a public lodging establishment, the officer shall inventory the property, hold those items which, upon appraisal, would appear to satisfy the plaintiff’s claim, and return the remaining items to the defendant. If the defendant cannot be found, the officer shall hold all items of property. The officer shall release the property only pursuant to law or a court order.
History.—s. 1, ch. 77-249; ss. 35, 39, 42, ch. 79-240; ss. 3, 4, ch. 81-161; ss. 2, 3, ch. 81-318; ss. 42, 51, 52, ch. 90-339; s. 4, ch. 91-429.