2019 Florida Statutes
542.17 Definitions.—Unless a different meaning is clearly indicated by the context, for the purposes of this chapter, the terms defined in this section have the following meanings ascribed to them:
(1) “Commodity” means any goods, merchandise, wares, produce, chose in action, land, article of commerce, or other tangible or intangible property, real, personal, or mixed, for use, consumption, production, enjoyment, or resale.
(2) “Service” means any kind of activity performed in whole or in part for economic benefit.
(3) “Person” means any individual, corporation, firm, partnership, limited partnership, incorporated or unincorporated association, professional association, or other legal, commercial, or governmental entity, including the State of Florida, its departments, agencies, political subdivisions, and units of government.
(4) “Trade or commerce” means any economic activity of any type whatsoever involving any commodity or service whatsoever.
(5) “Document” means any stored or retained data or information in whatever form.
(6) “Attorney General” includes not only the Attorney General of Florida but also any designee of the Attorney General or any assistant attorney general or special assistant attorney general.
(7) “State attorney” includes not only the state attorneys of Florida but also any designee of a state attorney or any assistant state attorney or special assistant state attorney.
(8) “Local government” means a municipality, county, school district, or any other general-function or special-function governmental unit established by the laws of the state.
History.—s. 1, ch. 80-28; s. 1, ch. 85-261.