2020 Florida Statutes
Assets not allowed.
Assets not allowed.
625.031 Assets not allowed.—In addition to assets impliedly excluded by the provisions of s. 625.012, the following expressly shall not be allowed as assets in any determination of the financial condition of an insurer:
(1) Trade names, patents, agreements not to compete, and other like intangible assets.
(2) Advances (other than policy loans) to officers and directors, whether secured or not, and advances to employees, agents, and other persons on personal security only.
(3) Stock of such insurer, owned by it, or any material equity therein or loans secured thereby, or any material proportionate interest in such stock acquired or held through the ownership by such insurer of an interest in another firm, corporation, or business unit.
(4) Furniture, fixtures, furnishings, safes, vehicles, libraries, stationery, literature, and supplies, other than data processing and accounting systems authorized under s. 625.012(11), except in the case of title insurers such materials and plants as the insurer is expressly authorized to invest in under s. 625.330 and except, in the case of any insurer, such personal property as the insurer is permitted to hold pursuant to part II of this chapter, or which is acquired through foreclosure of chattel mortgages acquired pursuant to s. 625.329, or which is reasonably necessary for the maintenance and operation of real estate lawfully acquired and held by the insurer other than real estate used by it for home office, branch office, and similar purposes.
(5) The amount, if any, by which the aggregate book value of investments as carried in the ledger assets of the insurer exceeds the aggregate value thereof as determined under this code.
(6) Bonds, notes, or other evidences of indebtedness which are secured by mortgages or deeds of trust which are in default.
(7) Prepaid and deferred expenses.
History.—s. 111, ch. 59-205; s. 3, ch. 76-168; s. 1, ch. 77-457; ss. 2, 3, ch. 81-318; ss. 89, 98, 809(1st), ch. 82-243; s. 40, ch. 89-360; ss. 187, 188, ch. 91-108; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 16, ch. 2001-213.