2021 Florida Statutes (Including 2021B Session)
288.9623 Definitions.—As used in ss. 288.9621-288.96255, the term:
(1) “Accelerator program” means the Seed Capital Accelerator Program managed by the institute.
(2) “Board” means the board of directors of the Florida Opportunity Fund.
(3) “Fund” means the Florida Opportunity Fund.
(4) “Institute” means the Institute for Commercialization of Florida Technology.
(5) “Investment portfolio” means individual or collective investment assets held under the technology fund.
(6) “Net profits” means the total gross proceeds received from the sale or liquidation of an asset of the investment portfolio less any costs, legal fees, professional fees, consulting fees, government fees, brokerage fees, taxes, management fees pursuant to s. 288.9625(12)(b), disbursement to private investors pursuant to s. 288.96255(6), or other fees, costs, and expenses incurred in the sale or liquidation of any of the investment portfolio assets.
(7) “Portfolio companies” means the companies that are part of the Florida Technology Seed Capital Fund investment portfolio.
(8) “Private fund manager” means the private entity, or its designee, selected to manage the investment portfolio on behalf of the institute.
(9) “Technology fund” means the Florida Technology Seed Capital Fund managed by the institute.
History.—s. 1, ch. 2007-189; s. 4, ch. 2018-139; s. 43, ch. 2019-3.