2019 Florida Statutes
395.1012 Patient safety.—
(1) Each licensed facility must adopt a patient safety plan. A plan adopted to implement the requirements of 42 C.F.R. s. 482.21 shall be deemed to comply with this requirement.
(2) Each licensed facility shall appoint a patient safety officer and a patient safety committee, which shall include at least one person who is neither employed by nor practicing in the facility, for the purpose of promoting the health and safety of patients, reviewing and evaluating the quality of patient safety measures used by the facility, and assisting in the implementation of the facility patient safety plan.
(3)(a) Each hospital shall provide to any patient or patient’s representative identified pursuant to s. 765.401(1) upon scheduling of nonemergency care, or to any other stabilized patient or patient’s representative identified pursuant to s. 765.401(1) within 24 hours of the patient being stabilized or at the time of discharge, whichever comes first, written information on a form created by the agency which contains the following information available for the hospital for the most recent year and the statewide average for all hospitals related to the following quality measures:
1. The rate of hospital-acquired infections;
2. The overall rating of the Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey; and
3. The 15-day readmission rate.
(b) A hospital shall also provide to any person, upon request, the written information specified in paragraph (a).
(c) The information required by this subsection must be presented in a manner that is easily understandable and accessible to the patient and must also include an explanation of the quality measures and the relationship between patient safety and the hospital’s data for the quality measures.
History.—s. 6, ch. 2003-416; s. 43, ch. 2016-10; s. 4, ch. 2019-138.