CS/HB 1-A: Hurricane Preparedness & Insurance
GENERAL BILL by Jobs & Entrepreneurship Council ; Rivera ; Grimsley ; Seiler ; Gibson ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Anderson ; Galvano ; Hasner ; Needelman
Hurricane Preparedness & Insurance ; authorizes certain hospitals to jointly issue bonds to finance windstorm coverages & claims; requires insurers electing optional coverages offered by Fla. Hurricane Catastrophe Fund to make rate filings that reflect savings or reduction in loss exposure; revises criteria for wind certification & hurricane mitigation inspectors; requires that insurer make file & use filing under certain circumstances, etc. Amends FS.
Last Action: 1/25/2007 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2007-1
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Filed; Referred to Jobs & Entrepreneurship Council; Policy & Budget Council -HJ 00002; On Council agenda-- Jobs & Entrepreneurship Council, 01/16/07, 2:15 pm, 212-K
• Introduced -HJ 00002; CS by Jobs & Entrepreneurship Council; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 00007; CS read 1st time on 01/16/07 -HJ 00006; Pending review of CS under Rule 6.3(b); Now in Policy & Budget Council -HJ 00007; On Committee agenda-- Policy & Budget Council, 01/17/07, 8:00 am, 212-K
• Favorable by- Policy & Budget Council; YEAS 29 NAYS 0 -HJ 00037; Placed in Rules & Calendar Council -HJ 00037; Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -HJ 00035; Read 3rd time -HJ 00035; CS passed; YEAS 119 NAYS 0 -HJ 00035
• In Messages; Received, referred to Banking and Insurance -SJ 00021
• Withdrawn from Banking and Insurance -SJ 00024; Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading; Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -SJ 00024; Amendment(s) adopted (434898) -SJ 00025; Read 3rd time -SJ 00058; CS passed as amended (434898); YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 00058; Requested House to concur, or failing to concur, appoint conference committee -SJ 00058; Conference Committee appointed: Senators Posey, Chair; Deutch, Vice Chair; Alexander, Atwater, Dawson, Gaetz, Lawson, Peaden, Storms, Wilson, Webster, Geller -SJ 00193
• In returning messages; Refused to concur, acceded to request for conference committee -HJ 00038, -HJ 00039; Conference Committee appointed: Representatives Sansom, Co-Chair; Cannon, Rivera, Bogdanoff, Brown, Reagan, Hasner, Mayfield, Coley, Grimsley, Kravitz, Traviesa, Seiler, Richardson, Gelber, Taylor, Cusack, Sands -HJ 00202
• Conference Committee Report considered -HJ 00203; Conference Committee Report adopted -HJ 00204; Passed as amended by Conference Committee Report; YEAS 116 NAYS 2 -HJ 00234
• Conference Committee Report received -SJ 00196; Conference Committee Report adopted -SJ 00230; Passed as amended by Conference Committee Report (574486); YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 00230
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2007-1
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.