CS/SB 418: Construction Defect Claims
GENERAL BILL by Regulated Industries ; Richter
Construction Defect Claims; Providing additional requirements for a notice of claim; revising requirements for a response; revising provisions relating to production of certain records, etc.
Last Action: 4/22/2015 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 87 (Ch. 2015-165) -SJ 501
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Regulated Industries (RI)
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Fiscal Policy (FP)
• Referred to Regulated Industries; Banking and Insurance; Fiscal Policy -SJ 60
• Introduced -SJ 60
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 03/31/15, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Regulated Industries; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 317
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Regulated Industries read 1st time -SJ 318
• Now in Banking and Insurance -SJ 317
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 04/07/15, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 351
• Now in Fiscal Policy -SJ 351
• On Committee agenda-- Fiscal Policy, 04/15/15, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Fiscal Policy; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 425
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 425
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/22/15
• Read 2nd time -SJ 501
• Substituted CS/CS/CS/HB 87 -SJ 501
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 87 (Ch. 2015-165) -SJ 501
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.