CS/CS/HB 717: No-Contact Orders
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Criminal Justice Subcommittee ; Raschein ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Baxley ; Harrell ; Miller ; Torres
No-Contact Orders; Provides for effect & enforceability of no-contact orders as part of pretrial release; requires that defendant receive copy of order before release; specifies acts prohibited by no-contact order.
Last Action: 4/15/2015 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/SB 342 (Ch. 2015-17) -HJ 529
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 59
• Introduced -HJ 59
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 03/12/15, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 230
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 227
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 235
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 03/19/15, 12:30 pm, Reed Hall
• CS/CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 285
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 281
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 294
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/15/15
• Substituted CS/CS/CS/SB 342 -HJ 529
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/SB 342 (Ch. 2015-17) -HJ 529
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.