CS/SB 874: Dual Enrollment Program
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Stargel
Dual Enrollment Program; Exempting dual enrollment students from paying certain fees, including technology fees; requiring a home education secondary student to be responsible for his or her own instructional materials and transportation in order to participate in the dual enrollment program unless the articulation agreement provides otherwise; authorizing certain instructional materials to be made available free of charge to dual enrollment students in home education programs and private schools if provided for in the articulation agreement, etc.
Last Action: 5/1/2015 Senate - Died on Calendar
Location: On 2nd Reading Calendar
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education Pre-K - 12 (ED)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 92
• Introduced -SJ 92
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 03/18/15, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Education Pre-K - 12; YEAS 8 NAYS 3 -SJ 226
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education -SJ 226
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 04/02/15, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; YEAS 6 NAYS 1 -SJ 344
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 344
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/16/15, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 425
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 431
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 425
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.