SB 284: Commercial Transactions in Fresh Produce Markets
GENERAL BILL by Thompson
Commercial Transactions in Fresh Produce Markets; Authorizing owners or operators of certain farmers’ markets, community farmers’ markets, flea markets, and other open-air markets to allow certain Food and Nutrition Service groups, associations, or third-party organizations to implement and operate an electronic benefits transfer system in such markets for the purpose of accepting SNAP benefits; requiring the owners or operators of such markets to reasonably accommodate such groups in the implementation and operation of an electronic benefits transfer system in the market, etc.
Last Action: 2/24/2016 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 103 (Ch. 2016-51) -SJ 491
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Agriculture (AG)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services (AHS)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Agriculture; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 23
• On Committee agenda-- Agriculture, 11/02/15, 1:00 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Agriculture; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 125
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services -SJ 125
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, 11/18/15, 10:00 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 128
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 128
• Introduced -SJ 23
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/03/16, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 303
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 303
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/24/16
• Read 2nd time -SJ 491
• Substituted CS/HB 103 -SJ 491
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 103 (Ch. 2016-51) -SJ 491
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.