CS/HB 339: Housing Discrimination
GENERAL BILL by Civil Justice Subcommittee ; Rouson ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Pritchett ; Stafford
Housing Discrimination; Removes housing discrimination as cause of action for certain relief & damages stemming from violations of Florida Civil Rights Act of 1992; revises requirements & conditions upon which person aggrieved by discriminatory housing practice may file complaint.
Last Action: 3/11/2016 House - Died in Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 31
• Introduced -HJ 30
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 01/26/16, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 288
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 283
• Now in Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 305
• Died in Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.