SB 850: Offenses Concerning Racketeering and Illegal Debts
GENERAL BILL by Bradley ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Evers
Offenses Concerning Racketeering and Illegal Debts; Specifying the earliest date that incidents constituting a pattern of racketeering activity may have occurred; authorizing an investigative agency to institute a civil proceeding for forfeiture in a circuit court in certain circumstances; authorizing a court to order the forfeiture of other property of the defendant up to the value of unavailable property in certain circumstances; deleting the definition of “investigative agency” for purposes of provisions relating to civil investigative subpoenas, etc.
Last Action: 3/4/2016 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 549 (Ch. 2016-84) -SJ 671
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice (ACJ)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 63
• Introduced -SJ 63
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 02/01/16, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 290
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice -SJ 290
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 02/11/16, 10:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 02/17/16, 10:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 425
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 425
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/25/16, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 497
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 497
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/04/16
• Read 2nd time -SJ 670
• Substituted HB 549 -SJ 671
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 549 (Ch. 2016-84) -SJ 671
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.