HB 7059: Election Dates for Municipal Office
GENERAL BILL by State Affairs Committee ; Caldwell ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Van Zant
Election Dates for Municipal Office; Requiring municipal elections to be held on certain dates determined by the supervisor of elections or on alternative fixed dates agreed to by the supervisor of elections and all municipalities within the county; requiring municipal recall elections to be held concurrently with municipal elections under certain conditions; repealing provisions relating to change of dates for cause in municipal elections, etc.
Last Action: 3/11/2016 Senate - Died in Ethics and Elections
Bill Text: PDF
- Ethics and Elections (EE)
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Local and Federal Affairs Committee -HJ 135
• Introduced -HJ 135
• On Committee agenda-- Local and Federal Affairs Committee, 01/21/16, 11:30 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by- Local and Federal Affairs Committee; YEAS 10 NAYS 6 -HJ 253
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 253
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/02/16
• Read 2nd time -HJ 357
• Amendment(s) adopted (681037, 947655) -HJ 357
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 378
• Passed as amended; YEAS 70 NAYS 47 -HJ 378
• In Messages
• Referred to Ethics and Elections; Community Affairs; Rules -SJ 353
• Received -SJ 353
• Died in Ethics and Elections
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.