CS/HB 587: Nonnative Animals
GENERAL BILL by Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee ; Beshears ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Jacobs ; Leek ; Nunez ; Raschein
Nonnative Animals; Requires FWCC to establish pilot program for eradication of certain invasive species & to submit report to Governor & Legislature; requires certain nonnative species to be implanted with passive integrated transponder before sale, resale, or offer for sale by pet dealers.
Last Action: 5/5/2017 Senate - Died in Environmental Preservation and Conservation
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Natural Resources and Public Lands Subcommittee; Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee; Government Accountability Committee -HJ 74
• On Committee agenda-- Natural Resources and Public Lands Subcommittee, 03/07/17, 4:00 pm, 12 HOB
• Introduced -HJ 74
• Favorable by Natural Resources and Public Lands Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 315
• Now in Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 315
• On Committee agenda-- Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee, 04/03/17, 11:30 am, Morris Hall
• CS by Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 564
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 560
• Now in Government Accountability Committee -HJ 601
• On Committee agenda-- Government Accountability Committee, 04/19/17, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- Government Accountability Committee; YEAS 21 NAYS 0 -HJ 746
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 746
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 836
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 877
• CS passed; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 877
• In Messages
• Referred to Environmental Preservation and Conservation; Appropriations Subcommittee on the Environment and Natural Resources; Appropriations -SJ 487
• Received -SJ 487
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Environmental Preservation and Conservation
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.