CS/HB 987: Public Accountancy
GENERAL BILL by Careers and Competition Subcommittee ; Gruters ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Bileca ; Killebrew ; Raulerson ; Richardson ; Stevenson
Public Accountancy; Provides exemption to requirement for licensure of certain firms without office in state; provides that suspension or revocation of right to practice before Public Company Accounting Oversight Board is grounds for imposition of penalties as provided by law.
• Referred to Careers and Competition Subcommittee; Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 107
• Introduced -HJ 107
• On Committee agenda-- Careers and Competition Subcommittee, 03/14/17, 9:30 am, Webster Hall
• CS by Careers and Competition Subcommittee; YEAS 120 NAYS 0 -HJ 369
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Careers and Competition Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 366
• Now in Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 389
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/28/17, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 465
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 465
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 04/19/17, 8:00 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 26 NAYS 0 -HJ 786
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 786
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 836
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 878
• CS passed; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 878
• In Messages
• Referred to Regulated Industries; Commerce and Tourism; Rules -SJ 490
• Received -SJ 490
• Withdrawn from Regulated Industries; Commerce and Tourism; Rules -SJ 601
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 601
• Substituted for CS/SB 1348 -SJ 601
• Read 2nd time -SJ 601
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 663
• CS passed; YEAS 36 NAYS 0 -SJ 663
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1099
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2017-148
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.