CS/HB 217: Children Obtaining Driver Licenses
GENERAL BILL by Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee ; Sullivan ; Albritton ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Alexander ; Baez ; Berman ; Harrell ; Raschein ; Silvers
Children Obtaining Driver Licenses; Revises pilot program to make it permanent; authorizes program to pay for child to complete a driver education program & obtain driver license or related costs of licensure under certain circumstances; revises child’s transition plan to include options to use in obtaining a driver license under certain circumstances; provides that guardian ad litem authorized by minor’s caregiver to sign for minor’s learner’s driver license does not assume any obligation or liability for damages.
Last Action: 3/16/2017 House - Placed on Calendar -HJ 390
Location: On 2nd Reading Calendar
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee; Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 44
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee, 02/16/17, 9:00 am, 12 HOB
• CS by Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 272
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 268
• On Committee agenda-- Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/07/17, 1:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• Introduced -HJ 44
• Favorable by Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 316
• CS by Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 260
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 316
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 03/16/17, 12:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 390
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 390
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.