CS/HB 11: Government Accountability
GENERAL BILL by Government Accountability Committee ; Metz ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Ahern ; Grant, J. ; Stevenson
Government Accountability; Requires Governor & Commissioner of Education, or their designees, to notify Legislative Auditing Committee of entity's failure to comply with certain auditing & financial reporting requirements; excludes water management districts from certain audit requirements; revises reporting requirements applicable to Florida Clerks of Court Operations Corporation; revises certain lodging rates for purpose of reimbursement to specified employees; provides requirements for statewide travel management system; revises responsibilities of specified entities to include establishment & maintenance of certain internal controls; revises auditing requirements for certain agencies, councils, & state schools; requires the Legislative Auditing Committee to determine whether governmental entity should be subject to state action under certain circumstances; requires counties & municipalities to maintain certain budget documents on entities' websites for specified period; provides annual financial audit requirements for Florida Virtual School.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 Senate - Died in Community Affairs, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 1279 (Ch. 2018-5)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Government Accountability Committee -HJ 13
• On Committee agenda-- Government Accountability Committee, 11/07/17, 1:30 pm, Morris Hall
• CS by- Government Accountability Committee; YEAS 22 NAYS 1 -HJ 252
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 250
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/11/18
• Introduced -HJ 13
• CS by Government Accountability Committee read 1st time -HJ 245
• Read 2nd time -HJ 298
• Amendment(s) adopted (105187) -HJ 299
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 330
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 101 NAYS 1 -HJ 330, 331
• In Messages
• Referred to Community Affairs; Appropriations; Rules -SJ 249
• Received -SJ 248
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Community Affairs, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 1279 (Ch. 2018-5)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.