CS/HB 55: Sale of Firearms
GENERAL BILL by Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee ; White ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Fine ; Fischer ; Grant, J. ; McClain ; Williamson
Sale of Firearms; Requires FDLE procedures to allow payment or transmittal of processing fees for criminal history checks of potential firearms buyers by electronic means; provides that criminal history check requests may be made by electronic means.
Last Action: 3/9/2018 House - Ordered enrolled -HJ 1209
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee; Government Accountability Committee -HJ 17
• On Committee agenda-- Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee, 12/06/17, 4:00 pm, Morris Hall
• CS by Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 258
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 250
• Introduced -HJ 17
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 01/11/18, 8:30 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 246
• Favorable by Judiciary Committee; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -HJ 319
• Now in Government Accountability Committee -HJ 319
• On Committee agenda-- Government Accountability Committee, 01/18/18, 10:30 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- Government Accountability Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 364
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 364
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/31/18
• Read 2nd time -HJ 455
• Read 3rd time -HJ 455
• CS passed; YEAS 110 NAYS 2 -HJ 455
• In Messages
• Referred to Judiciary; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 307
• Received -SJ 307
• Withdrawn from Judiciary; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 316
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 316
• Substituted for CS/SB 152 -SJ 316
• Read 2nd time -SJ 316
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1003
• CS passed; YEAS 36 NAYS 0 -SJ 1003
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1209
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.