CS/HB 411: Public Records and Public Meetings/Firesafety Systems
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Government Accountability Committee ; Clemons ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Gruters
Public Records and Public Meetings/Firesafety Systems; Provides exemption from public records requirements for firesafety system plans held by agency, exemption from public records & public meetings requirements for information relating to firesafety systems for certain properties & meetings relating to such systems & information, & exemption from public meetings requirements for portions of meetings that would reveal such plans held by agency; provides for retroactive application, for future legislative review & repeal, & statement of public necessity.
Last Action: 3/9/2018 House - Ordered enrolled -HJ 1210
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; Government Accountability Committee -HJ 37
• Introduced -HJ 37
• On Committee agenda-- Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee, 01/17/18, 8:30 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 353
• Now in Government Accountability Committee -HJ 353
• On Committee agenda-- Government Accountability Committee, 01/24/18, 11:30 am, Morris Hall
• CS by- Government Accountability Committee; YEAS 21 NAYS 0 -HJ 432
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Government Accountability Committee read 1st time -HJ 427
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 439
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/14/18
• Read 2nd time -HJ 582
• Read 3rd time -HJ 582
• CS passed; YEAS 111 NAYS 0 -HJ 582
• In Messages
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 376
• Received -SJ 376
• Withdrawn from Banking and Insurance; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 946
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 946
• Substituted for SB 738 -SJ 946
• Read 2nd time -SJ 946
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1027
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 1027
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1210
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.