CS/SB 416: Governance of Banks and Trust Companies
GENERAL BILL by Banking and Insurance ; Thurston
Governance of Banks and Trust Companies; Revising requirements relating to the financial institution experience of certain proposed directors and officers of a proposed bank or trust company; revising the residency requirement for certain directors of a bank or trust company; revising instances during which a bank may not own certain stock, obligations, and other securities, etc.
Last Action: 2/28/2018 Senate - Laid on Table, refer to CS/CS/HB 455 -SJ 406
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Commerce and Tourism; Rules -SJ 34
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 01/10/18, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building --Not Considered
• Introduced -SJ 33
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 01/16/18, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 205
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Commerce and Tourism -SJ 205
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 207
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 01/29/18, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 226
• Now in Rules -SJ 226
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/07/18, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 336
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 336
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/28/18 -SJ 409
• Read 2nd time -SJ 406
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 455 -SJ 406
• Laid on Table, refer to CS/CS/HB 455 -SJ 406
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.