CS/CS/HB 465: Insurance
GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Santiago ; Hager
Insurance; Providing an exception from valuation rules for stocks in subsidiaries for certain foreign insurers under certain conditions; revising requirements for rules adopted by the Department of Financial Services and the Financial Services Commission relating to the privacy of certain consumer information; revising the definition of the term "specialty insurer" to include viatical settlement providers, etc.
Last Action: 3/9/2018 House - Ordered enrolled -HJ 1210
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Ways and Means Committee; Commerce Committee -HJ 43
• Introduced -HJ 42
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 01/17/18, 12:30 pm, Sumner Hall --Temporarily Postponed
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 01/23/18, 12:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 440
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 436
• Original reference(s) removed: Ways and Means Committee
• CS referred to Commerce Committee -HJ 444
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 444
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 02/01/18, 12:00 pm, Webster Hall
• CS/CS by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 23 NAYS 0 -HJ 492
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 491
• CS/CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 490
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/18
• Read 2nd time -HJ 830
• Amendment(s) adopted (565541) -HJ 830, 831
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 894
• Amendment(s) adopted (498817) -HJ 894
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 113 NAYS 1 -HJ 894
• In Messages
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Judiciary; Appropriations -SJ 773
• Received -SJ 809
• Withdrawn from Banking and Insurance; Judiciary; Appropriations -SJ 968
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 968
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 784 -SJ 968
• Read 2nd time -SJ 968
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1035
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 1035
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1210
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.