CS/SB 522: Incarcerated Parents
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Bean
Incarcerated Parents; Requiring the Department of Children and Families to obtain specified information from a facility where a parent is incarcerated under certain circumstances; requiring that a parent who is incarcerated be included in case planning and provided with a copy of the case plan; specifying that the incarcerated parent is responsible for complying with facility procedures and policies to access services or maintain contact with his or her children as provided in the case plan, etc.
Last Action: 1/30/2018 Senate - CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 229
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 41
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 12/04/17, 4:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 102
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 102
• Introduced -SJ 41
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/18/18, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 204
• Now in Rules -SJ 204
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 01/25/18, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by- Rules; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 228
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 228
• CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 229
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.