HB 523: Trespass on Airport Property
GENERAL BILL by Cortes, B.
Trespass on Airport Property; Provides enhanced criminal penalties for trespass upon operational area of an airport with specified intent if specified signage is posted.
Last Action: 3/9/2018 House - Ordered enrolled -HJ 1210
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 46
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 12/06/17, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 256
• Now in Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee -HJ 256
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee, 01/09/18, 1:00 pm, Reed Hall
• Introduced -HJ 46
• Favorable by Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 311
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 311
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 01/25/18, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 440
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 440
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/28/18
• Read 2nd time -HJ 717
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 756
• Passed; YEAS 113 NAYS 0 -HJ 756, 757
• In Messages
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Community Affairs; Rules -SJ 568
• Received -SJ 568
• Withdrawn from Criminal Justice; Community Affairs; Rules -SJ 951
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 951
• Substituted for SB 1094 -SJ 951
• Read 2nd time -SJ 951
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1030
• Passed; YEAS 36 NAYS 1 -SJ 1031
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1210
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.