CS/SB 676: Equitable Distribution of Marital Assets and Liabilities
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Passidomo
Equitable Distribution of Marital Assets and Liabilities; Redefining the term “marital assets and liabilities” for purposes of equitable distribution in dissolution of marriage actions; providing that the term includes the paydown of principal of notes and mortgages secured by nonmarital real property and certain passive appreciation in such property under certain circumstances, etc.
Last Action: 3/5/2018 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 639 (Ch. 2018-56) -SJ 687
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Judiciary (JU)
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Judiciary; Banking and Insurance; Rules -SJ 54
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/10/18, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 54
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 141
• Now in Banking and Insurance -SJ 141
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 01/30/18, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 226
• Now in Rules -SJ 226
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/22/18, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by- Rules; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -SJ 384
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 384
• CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 388
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/05/18 -SJ 753
• Read 2nd time -SJ 687
• Substituted HB 639 -SJ 687
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 639 (Ch. 2018-56) -SJ 687
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.