HB 791: Regulatory Reform
GENERAL BILL by Diaz, M. ; Ingoglia ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Ahern
Regulatory Reform; Establishes Red Tape Reduction Advisory Council within EOG; requires Administrative Procedures Committee to establish regulatory baseline of agency rules; provides that new rule may not cause the total number of rules to exceed regulatory baseline; requires agency proposing new rule to submit rule replacement request to committee; provides that rule replacement request or exemption request may not be approved until initial regulatory baseline has been reduced by specified amount.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 House - Died in Government Accountability Committee
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; Appropriations Committee; Government Accountability Committee -HJ 70
• Introduced -HJ 70
• On Committee agenda-- Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee, 01/30/18, 8:30 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; YEAS 7 NAYS 3 -HJ 474
• Now in Appropriations Committee -HJ 474
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 02/06/18, 3:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Appropriations Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 8 -HJ 535
• Now in Government Accountability Committee -HJ 535
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Government Accountability Committee
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.