CS/CS/HB 851: Lost or Abandoned Personal Property
GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; Agriculture and Property Rights Subcommittee ; Olszewski
Lost or Abandoned Personal Property; Provides for disposal or donation of personal property lost or abandoned on premises of certain complexes or facilities in certain circumstances; authorizes rightful owner of such lost or abandoned personal property to reclaim such property before disposal or donation; requires charitable institution to make reasonable effort to delete certain information from electronic device in certain circumstances.
Last Action: 2/22/2018 House - Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/28/18
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Agriculture and Property Rights Subcommittee; Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 76
• Introduced -HJ 76
• On Committee agenda-- Agriculture and Property Rights Subcommittee, 01/23/18, 9:00 am, 12 HOB
• CS by Agriculture and Property Rights Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 392
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Agriculture and Property Rights Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 390
• Now in Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee -HJ 409
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee, 01/30/18, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 474
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 474
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 02/08/18, 10:00 am, Webster Hall
• CS/CS by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 27 NAYS 0 -HJ 560
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 555
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 562
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/28/18
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.