CS/CS/SB 918: Clerks of the Court
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Judiciary ; Grimsley
Clerks of the Court; Repealing provisions relating to the disposition of certain money paid into a court which is unclaimed; revising the time periods within which certain persons must file claims for certain unclaimed surplus funds; specifying procedures for the clerk to use in handling surpluses that remain unclaimed; revising service charges that a clerk may receive and deduct from surplus amounts, etc.
Last Action: 3/6/2018 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1361 (Ch. 2018-71) -SJ 748
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Transportation; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 70
• Introduced -SJ 70
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 01/25/18, 10:00 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Transportation; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 226
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 226
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/13/18, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 2 -SJ 353
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules -SJ 353
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 356
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/01/18, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 564
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 564
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/18 -SJ 771
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 566
• Read 2nd time -SJ 748
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 1361 -SJ 748
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1361 (Ch. 2018-71) -SJ 748
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.