CS/CS/HB 957: Crime Stoppers Organizations
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Criminal Justice Subcommittee ; Gruters ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Gonzalez ; Killebrew
Crime Stoppers Organizations; Prohibits person who engages in privileged communication, law enforcement crime stoppers coordinator or his or her staff, or member of crime stoppers organization's board of directors from being required to disclose privileged communications or produce protected information; provides exception; permits criminal defendant to petition court to inspect protected information.
Last Action: 2/22/2018 House - CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 666
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 83
• Introduced -HJ 83
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 01/29/18, 3:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 474
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Original reference(s) removed: Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee
• CS referred to Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 472
• Now in Justice Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 472
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 468
• On Committee agenda-- Justice Appropriations Subcommittee, 02/13/18, 12:30 pm, Mashburn Hall
• Favorable by Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 594
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 594
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/21/18, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS/CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 671
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 670
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/28/18
• CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 666
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.