CS/HB 1041: Professional Regulation
GENERAL BILL by Careers and Competition Subcommittee ; Plakon
Professional Regulation; Requires board to use specified process for review of applicant's criminal record to determine eligibility for certain licenses; prohibits conviction of crime before specified date from being grounds for denial of certain licenses.
Last Action: 2/14/2018 House - Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 595
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Careers and Competition Subcommittee; Appropriations Committee; Commerce Committee -HJ 89
• Introduced -HJ 89
• On Committee agenda-- Careers and Competition Subcommittee, 01/30/18, 1:00 pm, Webster Hall
• CS by Careers and Competition Subcommittee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 476
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Careers and Competition Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 468
• Now in Appropriations Committee -HJ 491
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 02/14/18, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Appropriations Committee; YEAS 24 NAYS 0 -HJ 595
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 595
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.