CS/CS/HB 1081: Essential Electric Utility Service
GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; Energy and Utilities Subcommittee ; Perez ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Slosberg
Essential Electric Utility Service; Establishes required element for each emergency management plan developed by county or counties to identify certain facilities deemed critical for restoration of electric services; specifies that certain utilities are not exempt from providing medically essential electric service; provides notification requirements; provides certification requirements for customers; revises penalties for falsification of such certification; requires certain health care practitioners to inform certain patients of certification process; requires such practitioners to complete certain medical certifications & document such certification.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 Senate - Died in Health Policy
Bill Text: PDF
- Health Policy (HP)
- Appropriations (AP)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Energy and Utilities Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 95
• Introduced -HJ 95
• On Committee agenda-- Energy and Utilities Subcommittee, 01/16/18, 11:30 am, 216 Capitol
• CS by Energy and Utilities Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 362
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 362
• CS by Energy and Utilities Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 360
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 02/08/18, 10:00 am, Webster Hall
• CS/CS by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 24 NAYS 4 -HJ 559
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 556
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 562
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/20/18
• Read 2nd time -HJ 620
• Amendment(s) adopted (601493, 971157) -HJ 620, 623
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 649
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 110 NAYS 2 -HJ 649, 650
• In Messages
• Referred to Health Policy; Appropriations; Rules -SJ 728
• Received -SJ 764
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Health Policy
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.