CS/SB 1232: Public Assistance Fraud
GENERAL BILL by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs ; Baxley
Public Assistance Fraud; Revising the maximum reward paid to persons providing certain information leading to the recovery of certain fraudulent public assistance payments; directing state-retained shares of recovered public assistance overpayments to be held in the Federal Grants Trust Fund, etc.
Last Action: 1/26/2018 Senate - Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services -SJ 205
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 143
• Introduced -SJ 142
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 01/22/18, 3:30 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 205
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs read 1st time -SJ 212
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services -SJ 205
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.