HB 1323: Florida Guide to a Healthy Marriage
GENERAL BILL by Yarborough ; Burgess ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Altman
Florida Guide to a Healthy Marriage; Creates Marriage Education Committee; provides for membership & terms of members; provides for creation of Florida Guide to a Healthy Marriage; requires committee to submit completed guide to Governor & Legislature; provides content; requires committee to obtain private funds for design, layout, printing, & distribution costs; provides for distribution; provides an exemption; encourages clerks of court to provide list of course providers & websites; requires committee to provide report to Governor & Legislature; provides for review & revision of guide; prohibits issuance of marriage license until petitioners verify both parties have obtained & read guide or other presentation of similar information.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 House - Died in Judiciary Committee
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 114
• Referred to Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 340
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee, 01/23/18, 3:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 4 -HJ 413
• Now in Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee -HJ 413
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee, 01/30/18, 8:30 am, 12 HOB
• Favorable by Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 2 -HJ 477
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 477
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Judiciary Committee
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.