CS/SB 1608: Agricultural Recovery
GENERAL BILL by Transportation ; Grimsley
Agricultural Recovery; Citing this act as the "Farmers and Ranchers Matter Act"; requiring the Florida Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan to allow the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services to create the State Agricultural Response Team; authorizing the Department of Transportation to waive certain weight load restrictions and permit verifications for the transport of agricultural products from fields or packinghouses to public transportation facilities after certain natural disasters; requiring the Department of Transportation to create and administer a program to install directional signs to assist visitors in locating certain agritourism facilities, etc.
Last Action: 2/22/2018 Senate - On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/27/18, 11:00 am, 412 Knott Building
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Transportation; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 181
• Introduced -SJ 181
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 02/06/18, 2:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• CS by Transportation; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 336
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Original reference(s) removed: Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development -SJ 342
• Remaining references corrected to Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 342
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax -SJ 342
• CS by Transportation read 1st time -SJ 340
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax, 02/20/18, 9:00 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; YEAS 6 NAYS 0
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/27/18, 11:00 am, 412 Knott Building
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.