HB 7093: Corporate Income Tax
GENERAL BILL by Ways and Means Committee ; Renner
Corporate Income Tax; Adopting the 2018 version of the Internal Revenue Code; revising the definition of the term "adjusted federal income" relating to adjustments related to federal acts; requiring the Department of Revenue to make a certain examination, monitor guidance by the Internal Revenue Service, conduct workshops, and develop a certain process regarding the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017; requiring the department to consult with the Revenue Estimating Conference in developing required reports, etc.
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 674
• Introduced -HJ 674
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/18
• Read 2nd time -HJ 788
• Amendment(s) adopted (691223) -HJ 788
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 849
• Passed as amended; YEAS 75 NAYS 35 -HJ 849
• In Messages
• Referred to Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 733, 734
• Received -SJ 769
• Withdrawn from Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 899
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 899
• Substituted for CS/SB 502 -SJ 899
• Read 2nd time -SJ 899
• Amendment(s) adopted (903866) -SJ 899, 900
• Read 3rd time -SJ 900
• Passed as amended; YEAS 36 NAYS 1 -SJ 900, 901
• In returning messages
• Amendment(s) to Senate amendment(s) adopted (334833) -HJ 1129
• Concurred in Senate amendment(s) as amended (903866) -HJ 1128, 1129
• Passed as amended; YEAS 81 NAYS 26 -HJ 1129, 1130
• In returning messages
• Concurred in House amendment(s) to Senate amendment(s) (334833) -SJ 1006, 1007
• Passed as amended; YEAS 25 NAYS 11 -SJ 1030
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1211
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2018-119
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.