CS/CS/HB 91: Judicial Process
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Civil Justice Subcommittee ; Altman ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Bush
Judicial Process; Provides that person who acquires for value lien on property during course of specified legal actions takes such lien free of claims in certain circumstances; specifies effect of valid, recorded lis pendens in certain circumstances; revises authority of special process servers; requires that civil witness subpoenas be served by certain persons; revises requirements for substituted service on spouse; revises requirements for documenting service; revises requirements for service on LLC's; revises provisions on service outside state; authorizes certain persons to electronically sign return-of-service; exempts certified process servers from certain window sunscreening restrictions.
Last Action: 4/4/2019 House - Ordered enrolled -HJ 575
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 29
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 02/13/19, 4:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 297
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Original reference(s) removed: Justice Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to Judiciary Committee -HJ 294
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 294
• Introduced -HJ 29
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 03/07/19, 3:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 289
• CS/CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 381
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 376
• CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 373
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/20/19
• Read 2nd time -HJ 452
• Amendment(s) adopted (431701) -HJ 452
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 466
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 109 NAYS 0 -HJ 466
• In Messages
• Referred to Judiciary; Community Affairs; Rules -SJ 303
• Received -SJ 303
• Withdrawn from Judiciary; Community Affairs; Rules -SJ 308
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/CS/CS/SB 462 -SJ 308
• Read 2nd time -SJ 308
• Read 3rd time -SJ 308
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 308
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 575
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.