CS/SB 1174: Custody of Minor Children by Extended Family
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Bean
Custody of Minor Children by Extended Family; Providing that a petition for concurrent custody may include certain requests; providing requirements for orders granting concurrent or temporary custody; requiring the court to establish any conditions for the transition of custody of the child to the parent which are in the child’s best interest under certain circumstances, etc.
• Referred to Judiciary; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Rules -SJ 122
• Introduced -SJ 122
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/18/19, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 256
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Children, Families, and Elder Affairs
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 261
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 04/01/19, 4:00 pm, 301 Senate Building
• Favorable by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 283
• Now in Rules
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.