CS/HB 7051: Higher Education
GENERAL BILL by Education Committee ; Higher Education and Career Readiness Subcommittee ; Byrd ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Donalds
Higher Education; Revises provisions relating to BOG responsibilities, IOG investigations, state university DSOs, Florida College System institution board of trustees, Florida College System institution DSOs, Commissioner of Education & Chancellor of State University System duties; & revises certain capital outlay provisions.
Last Action: 5/3/2019 Senate - Died in Education
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Public Integrity and Ethics Committee; Education Committee -HJ 344
• Introduced -HJ 344
• On Committee agenda-- Public Integrity and Ethics Committee, 03/21/19, 1:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Public Integrity and Ethics Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 490
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 490
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 03/28/19, 8:30 am, Reed Hall
• CS by- Education Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 546
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Education Committee read 1st time -HJ 549
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 554
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/10/19
• Read 2nd time -HJ 620
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 655
• CS passed; YEAS 114 NAYS 0 -HJ 656
• In Messages
• Referred to Education; Rules -SJ 401
• Received -SJ 400
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Education
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.