SB 400: Elder Abuse Fatality Review Teams
GENERAL BILL by Gibson
Elder Abuse Fatality Review Teams; Authorizing a state attorney, or his or her designee, to initiate an elder abuse fatality review team in his or her judicial circuit; authorizing elder abuse fatality review teams in existence on a certain date to continue to exist; requiring each review team to annually submit to the department a summary report containing specified information by a certain date; providing immunity from monetary liability for review team members under certain conditions, etc.
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Judiciary; Appropriations -SJ 31
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 11/05/19, 2:00 pm, 301 Senate Building
• Favorable by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 132
• Now in Judiciary
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 12/10/19, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 131
• Now in Appropriations
• Introduced -SJ 31
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 01/23/20, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 191
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/29/20 -SJ 213
• Read 2nd time -SJ 201
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 227
• Passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 1 -SJ 227
• Immediately certified -SJ 228
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 810
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/09/20
• Received -HJ 810
• Read 2nd time -HJ 993
• Amendment(s) adopted (641173) -HJ 993, 994
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1031
• Passed as amended; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 1031
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (641173) -SJ 835
• Passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 835
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 835
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2020-17
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.