SB 7044: Postsecondary Education
GENERAL BILL by Education ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Diaz ; Rodrigues
Postsecondary Education; Authorizing the Board of Governors to adopt a regulation regarding post-tenure reviews for state university faculty; revising the maintenance requirements of, and information that must be included in, the statewide course numbering system; requiring the Board of Governors and State Board of Education to identify and determine accrediting agencies or associations best suited for public postsecondary institutions by a specified date; requiring Florida College System institutions and state universities, respectively, to post specified information relating to tuition and fee rates and proposed changes to such rates on their websites, etc.
Last Action: 4/19/2022 - Chapter No. 2022-70
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Appropriations (AP)
• Submitted for consideration by Education
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 02/08/22, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Submitted as Committee Bill and Reported Favorably by Education; YEAS 6 NAYS 3
• Referred to Appropriations -SJ 365
• Introduced -SJ 365
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/24/22, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 11 NAYS 9
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/03/22 -SJ 591
• Retained on Special Order Calendar
• Read 2nd time -SJ 681
• Amendment(s) adopted (356900, 544572, 958072) -SJ 681, 682
• Ordered engrossed
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 697
• Passed as amended; YEAS 22 NAYS 15 -SJ 698
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (3/8/2022)
• 1st Reading (Engrossed 1)
• Read 2nd time
• Amendment 190993 not allowed for consideration
• Amendment 440891 not allowed for consideration
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• Passed; YEAS 77, NAYS 40
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 814
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2022-70
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.