CS/SB 102: Housing
Housing; Citing this act as the "Live Local Act"; deleting the authority of local governments to adopt or maintain laws, ordinances, rules, or other measures that would have the effect of imposing controls on rents; providing an exemption from ad valorem taxation for land that meets certain criteria; authorizing local governments to adopt ordinances to provide an ad valorem tax exemption for portions of property used to provide affordable housing meeting certain requirements; suspending, for a specified period, the General Revenue Fund service charge on documentary stamp tax collections; authorizing the Governor, under the Florida Job Growth Grant Fund, to approve state or local public infrastructure projects to facilitate the development or construction of affordable housing, etc. APPROPRIATION: $711,000,000
Last Action: 3/30/2023 - Chapter No. 2023-17
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Community Affairs; Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 02/08/23, 9:30 am, 401 Senate Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 9 NAYS 0
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/22/23, 3:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 17 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/08/23
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 109
• Read 2nd time -SJ 132
• Amendment(s) adopted (141026, 887768) -SJ 133
• Read 3rd time -SJ 135
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 135
• Immediately certified
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (3/23/2023)
• 1st Reading (Engrossed 1)
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 627
• Read 2nd time
• Amendment 032159 Failed
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 103, NAYS 6
• Ordered enrolled
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2023-17
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.